Many of you who have followed my practice and my writings, you have known that I have worked with many people who were traumatized as children. Sometimes those traumas continued into adolescence. As a result of the traumas, they developed dissociative disorders.

Some of those whose traumas may have had a dark spiritual aspect may have developed demonic complications and sought help from deliverance ministries . I am sure many have received help, especially if the deliverance ministers are aware of the mental health often associated with trauma. These include, Post Traumatic Disorder and dissociative disorders. These trauma based disorders often have symptoms that mimic other disorders which often lead to misdiagnosis or misunderstanding of what is really going on with that client or patient.

In this blog, I would like to like to offer some insights that I have observed over the 37 years I have been working in the trauma field. I am hopping that these insights will help  prevent re-traumatization of trauma victims.

1. Not every trauma victim has a dissociative disorder, therefore let's not assume that they do and start asking for personalities. We need to address the presenting symptoms.

2. Not every D.I.D. client or patient has demonic issues, therefore let's not assume that they need deliverance. I have seen scores of D.I.D clients who were thought to be demonized who were not. What was thought of as demonic spirits were literary angry parts who did not need to be cast out but healed.

3. Sometimes the idea of having a demon or demons gives a false hope of getting rid of the problem quickly but unfortunately mental health problems are complex and need time and expert help from trained professionals .

4. One of the main reasons why sometimes deliverance fails to work is the assumption that the person presenting for deliverance is conscious of the demonization and that they willingly invited the spirits tormenting them. This is a wrong assumption.  Many times the different parts or personalities are the ones with the awareness of the connection to the spirits and often do not  want to give them up . Instead of pushing the person for what legal ground they may given to the enemy, we need to find out which parts or personalities are involved and why. Often the involved parts believe that these agreements they may have made with the spirits are necessary. This is the reason why we need to proceed with great caution working with such individuals.

Hopefully this was helpful. Till next week.

 Dr. Mungadze

Comments

  1. Jerry , Michael Crutcher here . I have been in many countries where ' demonization ' is a normal part of the culture . Do you have any objective criteria that helps distinguish between ' demonization ' and DID ? Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are several objective ways to tell the difference between Dissociative disorders and demonization. Personalities,especially those who are angry or very negative,. are often mistaken to be demonic spirits. If these parts can talk about trauma and they show human qualities, usually they are human parts and not demonic spirits. Its safer to assume they are human parts until they show authentic behaviors and spiritual nuances consistent with non-human characteristics.
      In my book War In The Heavenlies , I discuss the topic in detail for people dealing trauma victims especially those without mental health training. I am thinking that in the next blog , I may discuss this topic in great detail.

      Delete
  2. Great looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog